Tuesday, November 25, 2008

hell yeah he did

A review of sorts from Mr. Neil Diamond's exquisite performance last night:

“I am the sun, you are the moon, you are the words, I am the tune, play me” got my heartstrings fluttering...

“Hell yeah he did!” had me swelling up and feeling all kinds of sorry; the life of a lonely musician… oh Neil, you are like an onion I just want to peel...

“Brooklyn Roads” had me so deeply nostalgic for home and for Brooklyn that I wanted to crawl up into a consoling cuddle sesh with Neil himself...

“You don’t bring me flowers” is when the waterworks kicked in. He performed the duet with one of his backup singers, Julia, who had a mighty powerful voice. The song made me sad for all those who neglect to appreciate the love they have.

Additional highlights: slides of Neil’s youth flashing behind his most poignant songs; patriotic eagle soaring high on the projection screen while "Coming to America" played; Neil's double wardrobe change and embroidered blazer worth more than my car; some of the oldest musicians i've ever seen perform (in his backup band); a Tina Turner like backup singer with moves I've never seen before.

I'd say it was a rather memorable evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my mom saw neil diamond on election night in green bay.