made the long journey back to the city of leisure, with Miller's company (reading him write about prospect park and his various new york related stories of dirty lust always makes me feel at home), the December Boys and Juno (both films I'd wanted to see, neither disappointed), and my own personal soundtrack (Rocky IV, very appropriate during our descent down the snow covered mountains- reminiscent of Balboa killing it in Russia; M83's Before the Dawn Heals Us for more epicness, Morrissey's Bona Drag cause its Sarah's fav and I'm missing my Milwaukee crew; Mojave 3's Excuses for Travelers- one of my all time favorites, a mainstay in my life and travels over the 5 + years; and some Hope Sandoval to lull me to sleep.
arrived in Buenos Aires rather exhausted, feeling sore throaty and as embarrassing as it is to admit now, kind of ready to throw in the towel. my vacation was turning out to be more traveling than i wanted and with the remaining trip up north to Salta looming, I felt like I would need a vacation from my vacation. rightfully, Kathy smacked some sense into me and after a most restful nap, I was feeling 100% again. we decided another long bus ride was not going to happen but instead, a quick ferry ride over to Uruguay would take its place. with the weather slipping into fall and thus the beaches being out of the question, Kat also suggested a five hour spa treatment in place. thanks to Argentina's 2001 economic crisis, we broke ass students can afford such ridiculous luxuries. we can also afford five course meals that include fancy vodka drinks, quality wine, top notch cuisine and delectable desserts, which can total somewhere around $125 pesos and with 3 pesos to the dollar, that brings us to about $42 US dollars. amazing.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment