My first roll of 120 film using my Diana resulted in a few keepers.
Here's Cassie psyched on America. I took this outside Jessi's place right before our bike ride to the 3rd of July lakefront fireworks. Cassie's slightly obsessed with fireworks and I think that excitement comes through in the photo. Her hair looks ridiculously perfect blowing in the breeze and a smile so genuine it brightens everything in its presence.
This was also taken outside Jessi's pre-fireworks ride. Damn, does Jessi look tough. There's something about her wearing that giant gold chain and holding that bike like its a feather that makes me not want to fuck with her.
This one has a slight demonic character to it due to the accidental double exposure but still a winner. During brunch at Guanajatos, Mike and Travis partook in a rather impassioned conversation about football, hence their expressions.
After Guanajatos, T & I drove north for an afternoon trip to Sheboygan where we stopped at Harrington and Kohler Andrae State Parks. The first stop at Harrington proved worthwhile as we spent quite a few minutes standing just a couple feet away from a deer. You can barely make him out right smack in the middle, with T on the far right taking a photo. His photo turned out perfect, see it here.
Another one from Harrington State Park. I took this while sitting on a picnic bench during a quick rest from our walk around the quarry. I'm not sure if this was a double exposure but I love that the leaves look imprinted on us. I also love that this walk basically looked like the entire Twiilight film, lush and dreamy.
Kohler Andrae has one of the nicest beaches in Wisconsin. Its rarely inhabited so it always feels like you're on an island. The soft gold sand and beautiful sun were opportune for a nap. Here's Travis resting with mighty Lake Michigan behind him.
I've always loved the charming road that leads to Kohler Andrae. It's surrounded by grass, a few houses, a horse ranch and a church; nothing too uncommon for Wisconsin but what really stands out is the slight incline in the road, making it look so picturesque. On the way out, we stopped the car so I could take a photo of the road. Somehow, T's head managed to sneak in.
We were dropping off this scary lighting van at Sam's mom's in preparation for the Poison the Well video shoot taking place the following day. I took this thinking it would look creepy; the lack of windows on the van, the sleevless Jawbreaker shirt and cut off shorts did the trick.
I pleaded with Mike to take his shirt off for this (the man's got some of the best tattoos I've ever seen) and finally managed to convince him. Clearly, it paid off. The lens flare on the right bottom corner covering Mike's tan linen pants is also pretty rad.

No comments:
Post a Comment