Thursday, October 2, 2008

Life of Love I & II

There's a lot to celebrate this time of year - autumn and all the goodness that comes with it; the carving of pumpkins, planning of halloween costumes, chocolate for days, fall fashion, festive parties, scenic drives, family time, and all the yummy beverages seasoned with cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg.

But what better way to celebrate fall than with Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds: dark and brooding, chilly yet warming, a calm before the storm (of winter)- the perfect soundtrack to autumn.

This past weekend, i celebrated the start of fall with what will undoubtedly be the most magnificent show of my life, until of course the next time I see Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds perform. In celebration of fall and the genius that is Mr. Cave, I've created two very personal mixes exclusively featuring Cave & the Seeds for you to download. Having the extensive and impressive catalog they have under their belts made this endeavor a bit of a challenge, but these mixes will not disappoint. Whether you're a new fan (Lindsay), a soon to be fan (Steve), or a long time lover (myself), you will most certainly enjoy.


















The mix, aptly referred to as "Life of Love I" begins with the earlier part of his career where his punk and goth roots were still worn on his sleeve, forwarding slowly towards his more mellow, yet epicly haunting side. Download LOL I

"Life of Love II" showcases his softer more vulnerable side and features some of the saddest and most beautiful songs I've ever heard. Love Letter, Far From Me and Sweetheart Come all depict a longing so deep you'll feel it in your bones. Download LOL II

[These mixes and pathetic attempt at art work were inspired by my friend Justin's awesome site- soundtracktotheendoftheworld.blogspot.com]

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

amazing. can't wait to download 'em!

(and thanks for the shout out!)

xxoo

a post is going to happen!