

I've been moving things out of my spare room in preparation of Sanam moving in and while organizing last night, I came across an old Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds post card that my first boyfriend Shaan sent me.
I received the post card right after we broke up, he had quit Rev and left for DC. I remember being so struck by the irony of the post card. On the front read "No More Shall We Part" and on the back, a note about our recent parting. Perfectly tragic.
The record advertised on the postcard came out in 2001. Shaan and I had tickets to see the show in LA but 9/11 occurred and well, the tour was canceled, not to mention our relationship didn't last.
"No More Shall We Part" is still one of my all time favorites, by my all time favorite musician. The timing on coming across this little piece of personal history is interesting too as I'm going to see Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds this Sunday, assuming no terrorist activity occurs within the U.S.
Shaan- I know you're in a yellow submarine on a top secret mission in some foreign country, but know that you played a huge role in shaping who I am today. From my favorite music, to my favorite films and numerous thing in between, I have you to thank.

1 comment:
OMG. Is that our old address? Weird.
P.S. I love that we keep missing each other. It results in loving voicemails that I can listen to on repeat. xxxx
Post a Comment