Tuesday, June 24, 2008

lets start building some hurtin bombs!

i came home to find my recently purchased Rocky box set in the mail. in celebration, i leave you with some of my favorite rocky quotes and an epic video montage featuring "no easy way out." i'm not lying when i say this song: a) makes me cry tears of joy, b) makes me want to climb a mountain.



Micky: You're gonna eat lightnin' and you're gonna crap thunder!


Paulie: You like her?
Rocky:
Sure, I like her.
Paulie:
What's the attraction?
Rocky: I dunno... she fills gaps.
Paulie:
What's 'gaps'?
Rocky:
I dunno, she's got gaps, I got gaps, together we fill gaps.

Adrian:
Einstein flunked out of school, twice.
Paulie: Is that so?
Adrian:
Yeah. Beethoven was deaf. Helen Keller was blind. I think Rocky's got a good chance.

Drago:
He's not human. He's like a piece of iron.

Rocky:
I guess what I'm trying to say is, if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change.

Rocky: It ain't about how hard you can hit... its about how hard you can get hit and still keep moving forward!

Rocky: What's so crazy about standing toe to toe with someone saying "I am"?

Duke:
So, what we'll be calling on is good ol’ fashion blunt force trauma. Horsepower. Heavy-duty, cast-iron, piledriving punches that will have to hurt so much they'll rattle his ancestors. Every time you hit him with a shot, it's gotta feel like he tried kissing the express train. Yeah! Let's start building some hurtin' bombs!

1 comment:

Kat Karimi said...

oh wow, just had an awesome flashback of watching the rocky movie on the 16-hour bus ride to iguazu falls... totally made me miss you!